Tips for Healthy Eating
- Base your meals on starchy foods.
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
- Eat more fish – including one portion of oily fish each week.
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
- Try to cut down on your salt intake – check the labels on foods you buy, there can be lots of hidden salt in foods we buy regularly.
- Drink plenty of water and don’t allow yourself to get thirsty.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
Download GCDA's 'Tips for eating well' sheet click here
For recipes and videos click here